Saturday, November 22, 2014

Deja Vu

How do you feel about experiencing deja vu?  The topic recently came up with my roommates. Personally it kinda freaks me out.

It seems to me like I won't have it at all for long stretches of time, and then I'll have it like once every couple weeks for a month or two. Those numbers are probably sheer speculation on my part, but either way they probably don't mean much of anything heh.

It's a bit funny I even pose the question, because I'm not sure I really have a position on it myself other than "it's a bit creepy" haha. My brother really likes it however. Says it makes him think he's on the right path. If anything though, I think it makes me think I'm running in circles. Like I've experienced something so similar before, I'm remembering that as I experience the present. The official definition of deja vu by the way is "the illusion of having previously experienced something actually being encountered for the first time." So... even though it feels like you're reliving a past event, it's technically a new experience. Reading the definition does make me think it's more of a positive experience then as opposed to "you're doing the same thing over and over, spinning your wheels". A new outlook for me on deja vu then. Excellent. Onward and forward!